General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are a Data Controller of your information.
- Pithyrecipe needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given Pithyrecipe permission to do so
- Processing your personal information is in Pithyrecipe legitimate interests
- Pithyrecipe needs to comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
Pithyrecipe follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Pithyrecipe uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Google DoubleClick DART Cookie
Our Advertising Partners
Note that Pithyrecipe has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Pithyrecipe does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
1. Information we collect
We may collect and process the following types of information about you:
- Personal information that you provide to us when you create an account or subscribe to our newsletter, such as your name and email address.
- Information that you provide to us when you submit a recipe or comment on one of our blog posts, such as your name, email address, and any other personal information that you choose to include in your submission.
- Information about your use of our website, such as your IP address, browser type, and browsing history.
2. How we use your information
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To personalize your experience on our website and to provide you with content that is relevant to your interests.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters or notify you of new recipes.
- To improve our website and to develop new products and services.
3. Sharing your information
We do not sell, rent, or share your personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent. We may share your information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- To service providers, such as website hosting companies, who assist us in operating our website and providing our services.
- To comply with legal obligations, such as in response to a court order or subpoena.
4. Cookies and tracking technologies
5. Your rights and choices
You have the right to access, update, and correct your personal information at any time. You may also have the right to request that we delete your personal information or restrict its use. To exercise these rights, please contact us using the information provided below
7. Contact us