Frascarelli is an Italian pasta that dish consists of small pieces of fresh dough and can be served either as a main course or as a side dish.
Frascarelli is an Italian pasta that is made with simple ingredients such as flour, sugar, and eggs, but also includes a secret blend of spices that make it unique.
- 4 cups semolina flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3 sweet or hot sausages
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
- Pecorino cheese
- 1 rosemary branch (optional)
- Red Peppers (optional)
- On a large wooden board, spread out the flour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and 1/2 cup water. Using a fork or a rosemary branch, drizzle the egg mixture onto the flour and stir with your finger tips to form little nuggets.
- Shake off any excess flour and place the nuggets on a cotton dishcloth to drain. Repeat until the egg mixture is gone, adding more flour as necessary. Allow the nuggets to air dry for 2 hours, uncovered.
- Bring a quart of lightly salted water to a boil before adding the pasta nuggets. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a small sauté pan over medium high heat. Remove the meat from the sausage casings and add it to the pan. Cook until lightly browned, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- When the pasta is tender, transfer it to a serving platter or wooden board and top with the sausage, shaved or grated cheese, and a drizzle of olive oil.
This is a video about Frascarelli.
Video Credits: Recipe It
Rated: 4.8 of 5.0 from 6 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Frascarelli, Frascarelli Recipe, Recipe
Credits: Pasta Modern: New & Inspired Recipes from Italy by Francine Segan. Copyright 2013. Published by Stewart, Tabori, and Chang, an imprint of Abrams. All rights reserved.