Looking for a delicious and festive treat to make this holiday season? Try Jason’s Deli gingerbread muffins recipe! These muffins are packed with warm spices and rich molasses, and they’re sure to impress your family and friends. Follow our tips and substitutions to make this recipe your own, and enjoy the perfect gingerbread muffins every time.
Jason’s Deli gingerbread muffins are a popular bakery item from the restaurant chain Jason’s Deli. These muffins are made with a combination of warm spices such as ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, which give them their signature flavor. The recipe also includes molasses, brown sugar, and hot water, which contribute to their moist texture and sweet taste.
These muffins are usually served as a sweet treat, either as a snack or as a dessert. They are perfect for holiday celebrations and other special occasions because of their festive flavor and appearance. They are also a great addition to brunches or potlucks, and they can be served with whipped cream, cream cheese, or other toppings to enhance their flavor.
Jason’s Deli gingerbread muffins are easy to make and can be customized to suit different dietary preferences. For example, you can use gluten-free flour or coconut sugar to make them gluten-free or vegan-friendly. They can also be stored in an airtight container for up to three days, making them a great make-ahead option for busy schedules.
Overall, Jason’s Deli gingerbread muffins are a delicious and festive treat that are perfect for any occasion. With their warm spices and sweet flavor, they’re sure to be a hit with anyone who tries them.
Come on! Try Jason’s Deli gingerbread muffins recipe! Packed with warm spices and rich molasses, they’re sure to impress.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup hot water
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the molasses, brown sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Gradually add in the hot water and stir until the batter is smooth.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- I hope you enjoy making and eating these gingerbread muffins!
Rated: 5.0 of 5.0 from 11 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Jason’s Deli Gingerbread Muffins, Jason’s Deli Gingerbread Muffins Recipe, Recipe
- These gingerbread muffins can be served warm or at room temperature, depending on your preference. They are delicious as a snack, breakfast, or dessert.
- You can serve them as is or with a dollop of whipped cream or a drizzle of icing. You could also try spreading a little butter or cream cheese on top for some extra flavor.
- If you’re serving them for breakfast, you could pair them with a cup of coffee or tea, or some fresh fruit on the side. For dessert, they would go well with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a warm caramel sauce.
- These muffins also make a great gift or addition to a holiday brunch or potluck. Enjoy!
- Measure the ingredients accurately: Baking is a science, and measuring the ingredients accurately is crucial for the recipe’s success. Use measuring cups and spoons and make sure to level off the dry ingredients to get the right amount.
- Mix the batter carefully: Mix the dry ingredients together first before adding in the wet ingredients. When combining the wet and dry ingredients, mix the batter gently until just combined. Overmixing can result in tough muffins.
- Use high-quality ingredients: Use the best-quality ingredients you can find to ensure the best flavor. Use fresh spices, good-quality molasses, and fresh eggs.
- Grease the muffin tin well: Grease the muffin tin well or use muffin liners to prevent the muffins from sticking to the pan.
- Bake at the right temperature: Make sure your oven is preheated to the correct temperature before baking. This will ensure that the muffins cook evenly.
- Don’t overbake: Overbaking the muffins can result in dry, tough muffins. Check them after 20 minutes and continue baking until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let them cool before serving: Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely. This will help prevent them from breaking apart or sticking to the pan.
- All-purpose flour: You can use a gluten-free all-purpose flour or a combination of whole wheat and all-purpose flour for a healthier option.
- Molasses: If you don’t have molasses, you can use honey or maple syrup as a substitute. Keep in mind that this may affect the flavor and color of the muffins.
- Brown sugar: You can use white granulated sugar or coconut sugar as a substitute.
- Vegetable oil: You can use melted butter or coconut oil as a substitute.
- Hot water: You can use hot coffee or hot tea for a stronger flavor.
- For the spices, it may be difficult to substitute them entirely as they are key ingredients that give gingerbread its signature flavor. However, you can adjust the amount of spices used depending on your taste preferences.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a delicious and festive treat to make, Jason’s Deli gingerbread muffins are a perfect choice. With warm spices and rich molasses, they’re the perfect addition to any holiday brunch, potluck, or dessert table.
Remember to follow the recipe carefully, measure your ingredients accurately, and bake at the right temperature to achieve the best results. With a little practice, you’ll be able to make perfectly fluffy and flavorful gingerbread muffins that will have your family and friends asking for more.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with the recipe and try out different variations, such as adding in nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips. And if you have any dietary restrictions, don’t forget to use the substitutions we mentioned to make the recipe work for you.
So go ahead and get baking! With these tips and the Jason’s Deli gingerbread muffin recipe, you’re sure to impress everyone with your baking skills this holiday season.