Indulge in Decadence: Learn How to Make Jeff Ruby’s Famous Butter Pie in Your Own Kitchen
Jeff Ruby’s Butter Pie is a rich and decadent dessert that is known for its creamy filling and flaky crust. The filling is made from a combination of butter, sugar, eggs, flour, heavy cream, and vanilla extract.
To make the filling, the butter and sugar are creamed together until light and fluffy. Then, the eggs are added one at a time, followed by the flour. Finally, the heavy cream and vanilla extract are added to the mixture, creating a smooth and creamy filling.
The filling is poured into an unbaked pie crust and baked in the oven until the center is set and the top is golden brown. Once the pie is finished baking, it is allowed to cool to room temperature before being served with whipped cream.
The combination of butter, sugar, and heavy cream in the filling creates a rich and indulgent flavor that is balanced by the flaky texture of the crust. This dessert is perfect for special occasions or when you’re in the mood for something truly decadent.
Are you a dessert lover in search of the ultimate indulgence? Look no further than Jeff Ruby’s Butter Pie! This rich and creamy dessert is a favorite among foodies for its decadent filling and flaky crust. And the best part? You can easily make it at home with our simple recipe. Get ready to impress your taste buds and your guests with this irresistible treat.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Place the pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the flour until just combined.
- Add the heavy cream and vanilla extract and mix until smooth
- Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake the pie for 50-60 minutes or until the center is set and the top is golden brown.
- Allow the pie to cool to room temperature before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Enjoy your delicious Jeff Ruby’s Butter Pie!
Rated: 5.0 of 5.0 from 18 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Jeff Ruby Butter Pie, Jeff Ruby Butter Pie Recipe, Recipe
- Let the pie cool: After the pie is finished baking, allow it to cool to room temperature before serving. This will give the filling time to set, making it easier to slice and serve.
- Slice the pie: Use a sharp knife to slice the pie into wedges. You can make the slices as big or small as you like.
- Add whipped cream: Top each slice with a dollop of whipped cream. The whipped cream will add a light and fluffy contrast to the rich and creamy filling of the pie.
- Serve and enjoy: Serve the slices of pie on individual dessert plates and enjoy!
- Use room temperature ingredients: Make sure the butter, eggs, and cream are at room temperature before you start making the filling. This will help them mix together more easily and create a smooth filling.
- Don’t overmix the filling: Mix the ingredients together until they are just combined. Overmixing the filling can cause it to become too dense and heavy.
- Chill the pie crust: If you’re making your own pie crust, make sure to chill it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before rolling it out. This will help the crust hold its shape and prevent it from shrinking during baking.
- Use a pie shield or foil: To prevent the edges of the crust from burning, you can cover them with a pie shield or a strip of aluminum foil during baking.
- Let the pie cool before slicing: After the pie is finished baking, let it cool to room temperature before slicing. This will make it easier to slice and prevent the filling from spilling out.
- Store leftovers properly: If you have any leftovers, store the pie in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Let it come to room temperature before serving again.
- Butter: You can substitute unsalted butter with margarine or a plant-based butter substitute. Just make sure to use a product that has a similar fat content to butter.
- Sugar: You can use granulated white sugar or brown sugar in this recipe. You can also try using a sugar substitute like Splenda or Stevia, but keep in mind that the flavor and texture of the pie may be slightly different.
- Eggs: You can substitute each egg with a flax or chia egg substitute. To make a flax egg, mix one tablespoon of ground flaxseed with three tablespoons of water and let it sit for a few minutes until it becomes gel-like. To make a chia egg, mix one tablespoon of ground chia seeds with three tablespoons of water and let it sit for a few minutes until it becomes gel-like.
- All-purpose flour: You can substitute all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend or almond flour.
- Heavy cream: You can use half-and-half or whole milk as a substitute for heavy cream. For a dairy-free option, you can use coconut cream or almond milk creamer.
In conclusion, the Jeff Ruby Butter Pie is a decadent dessert that is sure to impress your guests or satisfy your sweet tooth cravings. With its rich, buttery filling and flaky crust, it’s no wonder why it’s a favorite among foodies. By following our easy-to-follow recipe, you can now make this delicious dessert in the comfort of your own home. So why not treat yourself and your loved ones to a slice of this irresistible treat?