Spice up your meals with the fiery and flavorful taste of green chilli pickle Gujarati recipe! This traditional Indian condiment is made with fresh green chilli peppers and a blend of aromatic spices, and it’s the perfect addition to a variety of dishes.
Gujarati green chilli pickle is a type of pickled condiment made with green chili peppers and various spices. It is a common condiment in Indian cuisine and is often served with meals as a side dish.
The ingredients for green chilli pickle may vary, but typically include green chili peppers, vinegar or lime juice, oil, salt, and a mixture of spices such as mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, and turmeric.
The chilli peppers and spices are mixed together and allowed to marinate in vinegar and oil for a period of time before being served. Green chilli pickle has a spicy and tangy flavor and is used to add flavor and heat to a variety of dishes.
- 250 gram green chillies (bhavnagari)
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 tbsp split mustard (rai kuia)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric (haldi)
- 2 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp oil
- Wash and dry your chillies with water. Place aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine split mustard, salt, hing, turmeric, and fennel seed. Mix it.
- Next, add the oil and lemon juice to the mixing bowl and thoroughly combine everything.
- Now, add the green chilies to the mixture and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to a jar and cover after thoroughly mixing all of the ingredients. Allow it to sit for at least 4 hours. During this time, stir twice.
- Serve with kadhi, rice, or parathas.
- Also, you can refrigerate in a glass jar or any other airtight container to use later up to 3 months.
Green Chilli Pickle Gujarati
This is a video about Green Chilli Pickle Gujarati.
Video Credits: Sanjana Feasts
Rated: 5.0 of 5.0 from 38 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Green Chilli Pickle Gujarati, Green chilli pickle, Gujarati green chilli pickle, Green Chilli Pickle Gujarati Recipe, Recipe
- As a condiment: Green chilli pickle Gujarati can be served as a condiment with a variety of dishes, such as sandwiches, wraps, burgers, and more. Simply spoon a small amount of pickle onto your dish to add a spicy and tangy flavor.
- With rice: It can also be served with rice dishes, such as biryani or pulao. Simply spoon a small amount of pickle onto your plate of rice to add a burst of flavor.
- With snacks: This Green chilli pickle goes with a variety of snacks, such as samosas, pakoras, and chaat. Simply serve a small amount of pickle alongside your snack to add flavor and heat.
- With roti: Serving green chilli pickle Gujarati with roti or other Indian traditional breads is also a good treat. Simply spread a small amount of pickle onto your roti before rolling it up and enjoying.
- As a marinade: You can use green chilli pickle as a marinade for grilled or roasted meats, such as chicken or lamb. Simply mix the pickle with a little oil and use it to marinate your meat before cooking.
Gujarati green chilli pickle should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator to ensure its freshness and longevity.
To store green chilli pickle, transfer it to a clean, dry jar with a tight-fitting lid and store it in the refrigerator or freezer. Make sure to sterilize the jar before use to ensure that it is free of any germs or contaminants.
- Green chilli peppers: These are the main ingredient in green chili pickle gujarati and provide the spicy flavor. But if you don’t have green chili peppers, you can use any type of chili pepper or a combination of different peppers to create your own unique blend.
- Lime Juice: This is used to preserve the pickle and give it a tangy flavor. If you couldn’t find lemon juice, you can use any type of vinegar, such as white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, or rice vinegar as a substitute.
- Oil: This is used to preserve the pickle and give it a rich, oily texture. You can use any type of oil, such as vegetable oil, olive oil, or coconut oil. If you don’t have oil, you can use melted butter or ghee as a substitute.
- Spices: These may include mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, turmeric, and more. If you don’t have any of the spices listed, you can use a combination of other spices that you have on hand to create your own unique recipe. Some options might include cumin, coriander, garam masala, or chili powder.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe for green chilli pickle and that you’ll give it a try in your own kitchen. This spicy and tangy condiment is a great way to add flavor and heat to a variety of dishes, and it’s easy to make at home.
Whether you’re serving it as a condiment or using it as a marinade for grilled meats, green chili pickle is sure to be a hit with your friends and family. So why wait? Start making your own Gujarati green chilli pickle today and add some sizzle to your meals!”