Our Conchitas con carne recipe is packed with bold, spicy flavors and tender, succulent meat and shells. It’s the ultimate Mexican-inspired dish that’s sure to satisfy your cravings and impress your taste buds.
Conchitas con carne is a Mexican dish made with small, baked pastry shells filled with a mixture of ground beef, vegetables, and spices.
It is often served as a appetizer or snack, and can be garnished with a variety of toppings such as cheese, sour cream, and chopped cilantro.
The word “conchita” means “little shell” in Spanish, and refers to the small, baked pastry shells that are used to hold the filling.
This Mexican-inspired dish is packed with bold, spicy flavors and tender, succulent meat. It’s the perfect combination of heat and hearty goodness that’s sure to satisfy your cravings and leave you coming back for more. So get ready to fire up your stove and let’s get cooking!
For the soup
- 1lb ground sirloin (ground beef)
- 2 cups uncooked shells
- 4 oz tomato sauce (see how-to below)
- 1/4 small onion chopped
- 1/4 bell pepper sliced
- 4-5 cups water
- 1 beef bullion cube
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Fresh lime juice
- Avocado, sliced
For tomato sauce
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups chicken broth
- In a blender, combine the tomato sauce ingredients together, blend until completely smooth. Set aside after straining through a fine-mesh strainer.
- Brown the beef in a Dutch oven over medium heat, draining some of the excess fat.
- Stir in the shells and allow them to fry briefly with the beef.
- Stir in the remaining seasonings, onions, and bell peppers, followed by the tomato sauce (make sure you break up the bullion cube up and stir it around as it dissolves with the heat)
- Simmer for 5 minutes after adding water.
- Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the shells are tender and ready to serve.
- Once served, garnish with cilantro, avocado, and a squeeze of fresh lime.
Conchitas con carne
This is a video about Conchitas con carne.
Video Credits: The JayLi Life
Rated: 4.8 of 5.0 from 4 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Conchitas con carne, Conchitas con Carne Recipe, Recipe
Conchitas con carne is typically served as a main course. It can be garnished with a variety of toppings, such as salsa, sour cream, and diced onions.
- Assemble the Conchitas con carne on a large platter and serve them family style. This is a great option for a dinner party or a casual gathering.
- Serve the Conchitas con carne on individual plates, garnished with your choice of toppings. This is a good option for a more formal dinner.
- Pair the Conchitas con carne with a side dish, such as rice, beans, or avocado slices. This can help round out the meal and add some additional flavor and nutrition.
- Serve the Conchitas con carne with a green salad or a simple mixed greens salad. This can help add some freshness and crunch to the meal.
No matter how you choose to serve Conchitas con carne, be sure to have some hot sauce or chili flakes on hand for those who like a little extra heat. Enjoy!
- Use good quality ground beef: The ground beef is the main ingredient in the filling, so it’s important to use a good quality meat. Look for ground beef that is labeled as “lean” or “extra lean” to help keep the filling from getting too greasy.
- Use a flavorful salsa: The salsa is used to add flavor to the filling, so be sure to use a brand that you like. You can also make your own salsa by dicing tomatoes, onions, and peppers and mixing them together.
- Don’t overstuff the shells: It’s important to not overstuff the shells, as this can make them difficult to seal and can cause them to break open during baking.
- Use cheese if available: Cheese is a key ingredient in Conchitas con carne, so be sure to use plenty of it. You can use any type of cheese that melts well, such as cheddar, Monterey Jack, or queso fresco.
- Bake the Conchitas con carne until the shells are crispy: The shells should be crispy on the outside and the filling should be hot and melted. If the shells aren’t crispy enough, you can broil them for a minute or two to help them get nice and crispy.
- Corn shells: These are the small, corn-based shells that are used to hold the filling. If you can’t find corn shells at your local store, you can use small pasta shells instead.
- Ground beef: This is the main protein in the filling. If you prefer, you can use ground turkey or ground chicken instead.
- Beans: You can use any type of beans that you like in this recipe, such as black beans, pinto beans, or kidney beans.
- Cheese: Any type of cheese that melts well can be used in this recipe, such as cheddar, Monterey Jack, or queso fresco.
- Sour cream: This is used as a topping for the Conchitas con carne. You can use plain yogurt as a substitute if you prefer.
- Diced onions: These are used as a topping for the Conchitas con carne. You can use diced tomatoes, diced bell peppers, or diced jalapenos as substitutes.
- Salsa: This is used to add flavor to the filling. You can use any type of salsa that you like, or you can make your own using diced tomatoes, onions, and peppers.
Thank you for joining us for this Conchitas con carne recipe! We hope you enjoyed learning how to make this delicious and flavorful Mexican dish.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply looking for a tasty meal to share with your family, Conchitas con carne is sure to be a goto meal. With its savory filling and crispy shells, it’s a dish that everyone will love. Be sure to try out some of our other Mexican recipes as well, such as tacos, enchiladas, and burritos. ¡Buen provecho!