Are you a fan of Costa Vida Fresh Mexican Grill’s delicious Queso sauce? If so, you’re in luck! This recipe will show you how to recreate this creamy, flavorful cheese sauce right in your own kitchen.
Costa Vida Queso is a type of cheese sauce that is served at Costa Vida Fresh Mexican Grill, a chain of restaurants that serves Mexican-style food in the United States.
The queso is typically made with a blend of melted cheeses and spices, and it is often served as a topping for burritos, tacos, and other dishes. It may also be served as a dip for tortilla chips or other snacks.
Costa Vida Queso is known for its creamy, flavorful taste and is a popular menu item. If you love the taste of Costa Vida Queso and want to recreate it at home, you’re in luck! Let’s make your own delicious queso that is perfect for dipping or topping your favorite Mexican-style dishes.
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup half and half or butter
- 4 oz velveeta
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup Salsa
- ¼ cup Jalapeños, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Heat the half and half or butter in a medium sauce pan.
- Toss in the diced tomatoes, salsa, jalapeos, cayenne pepper, cumin, and chili powder. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Continue to stir in the flour and milk until the mixture thickens.
- After that, stir in the velveeta, cheddar, and cream cheese. Stir until the cheese is completely melted. Combine thoroughly.
- Serve it right away with tortilla chips or crackers.
Rated: 4.7 of 5.0 from 13 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Costa Vida Queso, Costa Vida Queso Recipe, Recipe
- As a topping for burritos, tacos, or other Mexican-style dishes: Costa Vida Queso is a delicious topping for burritos, tacos, and other Mexican-style dishes. Simply spoon a generous amount of queso over the top of your favorite dishes to add flavor and creaminess.
- As a dip for tortilla chips: Costa Vida Queso is a great dip for tortilla chips. Simply place a bowl of queso on the table alongside a basket of chips and let your guests dig in.
- As a topping for nachos: Costa Vida Queso is a perfect topping for nachos. Simply layer tortilla chips, diced tomatoes, diced onions, diced jalapeno peppers, and shredded cheese on a baking sheet, and then top with a generous amount of queso. Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- As a topping for baked potatoes: Costa Vida Queso is also a great topping for baked potatoes. Simply spoon a generous amount of queso over the top of a baked potato and sprinkle with diced green onions and a little bit of shredded cheese.
- As a topping for sandwiches or burgers: Costa Vida Queso can also be used as a topping for sandwiches or burgers. Simply spread a layer of queso over the top of your sandwich or burger and add your favorite toppings.
- Choose the right cheeses: To get the creamy, smooth consistency of Costa Vida Queso, it is important to choose the right cheeses. A blend of cheeses works best, so consider using a combination of Monterey Jack, Cheddar, and Colby cheeses. You can also try adding a little bit of cream cheese for extra creaminess.
- Use quality dairy product: To ensure that your queso has a rich, creamy texture, it is important to use high-quality dairy products. This includes using whole milk or heavy cream, rather than low-fat or non-fat alternatives.
- Add some flavor: To give your queso some extra flavor, consider adding some diced onions, jalapeno peppers, or diced tomatoes. You can also add a pinch of chili powder or cumin for a little bit of heat.
- Heat the cheese slowly: To prevent the cheese from becoming stringy or clumpy, it is important to heat it slowly over low heat. Use a saucepan or a double boiler to gently melt the cheese, stirring frequently to help it melt evenly.
- Keep it warm: To keep your queso warm and creamy, consider using a slow cooker or a fondue pot. Simply transfer the queso to the slow cooker or fondue pot and set it to the “low” setting. This will keep the queso warm and smooth, making it perfect for dipping.
It is generally best to store Costa Vida Queso in the refrigerator. To store queso, transfer it to a container with a tight-fitting lid and place it in the refrigerator.
It is important to keep the queso covered to prevent contamination and to preserve its freshness. If you have leftover queso that you will not be using right away, it is a good idea to label the container with the date so you can keep track of how long it has been stored.
- Cheese: A blend of cheeses is typically used to make Costa Vida Queso. This may include Monterey Jack, Cheddar, and Colby cheeses. If you are unable to find one of these cheeses, you can try substituting a similar type of cheese, such as Gouda or Pepper Jack.
- Milk: Whole milk or heavy cream is typically used to give the queso a rich, creamy texture. If you are unable to find these ingredients, you can try using a lower-fat milk, such as 2% or skim milk, although the queso may not be quite as creamy.
- Jalapeno pepper: Diced jalapeno pepper is sometimes used to add a little bit of heat to the queso. If you don’t have jalapeno peppers, you can try using diced green bell pepper or a pinch of dried chili flakes.
- Tomatoes: Diced tomatoes may be used to add flavor and texture to the queso. If you don’t have fresh tomatoes, you can try using canned diced tomatoes or a small amount of tomato sauce.
- Chili powder: A pinch of chili powder can be added to the queso to give it a little bit of heat. If you don’t have chili powder, you can try using a small amount of paprika or cumin instead.
In conclusion, Costa Vida Queso is a delicious and creamy cheese sauce that is perfect for adding flavor to your favorite Mexican-style dishes.
Whether you’re looking to top your burritos, tacos, or nachos, or you just love a good dip for your tortilla chips, this recipe is sure to become a new favorite.
With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time, you can easily recreate this delicious queso right in your own kitchen. So if you’re a fan of Costa Vida Queso, be sure to give this recipe a try – you won’t be disappointed!