Discover a flavorful 54th Street Rattlesnake Pasta recipe that combines creamy pasta, spicy sauce, and sautéed vegetables. Make it now!
54th Street Rattlesnake Pasta is a popular dish served at 54th Street Grill & Bar, a casual dining chain restaurant in the United States. It is a pasta dish that features a spicy cream sauce with chicken and vegetables, and is topped with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. The dish is named after its spicy flavor, which is said to be as intense as a rattlesnake’s bite.
The dish typically consists of penne pasta, cooked al dente, tossed in a sauce made from heavy cream, spices, and a blend of sautéed vegetables such as red and green bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and diced jalapenos. Sliced chicken breast is added to the skillet and cooked along with the vegetables, infusing the sauce with its flavor. The pasta is then added to the skillet and tossed with the sauce until fully coated.
The dish is often served with grated Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top, which adds a salty and tangy flavor to the spicy and creamy sauce. Chopped parsley is also added for a fresh and herbaceous aroma and flavor.
The combination of spicy, creamy, and savory flavors, along with the mix of textures from the pasta and vegetables, is what makes the dish so popular and enjoyable for many people. The dish has become a favorite among diners who love spicy food and creamy pasta dishes, and is often a top menu item at 54th Street Grill & Bar.
Looking for a delicious recipe for 54th Street Rattlesnake Pasta? We provide a flavorful and spicy recipe that combines creamy pasta, sautéed vegetables, and tender chicken below. Also, follow our tips and you’ll be able to make a delicious version of this popular dish right in your own kitchen.
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup diced jalapenos
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and season with cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the red and green bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, and jalapenos to the skillet. Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Pour the heavy cream into the skillet and stir to combine. Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and toss to coat with the sauce.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the pasta and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted and the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Rated: 5.0 of 5.0 from 55 reviews.
Recipe Tags: 54th Street Rattlesnake Pasta, 54th Street Rattlesnake Pasta Recipe, Recipe
- Divide the pasta among serving plates or bowls.
- Sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese on top of each serving.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately while the pasta is still hot and the cheese is melted.
You can also serve it family-style by transferring the pasta to a large serving dish, sprinkling the Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley on top, and allowing everyone to serve themselves.
Consider serving the pasta with some garlic bread or a side salad to round out the meal. Enjoy!
- Use good quality ingredients: To get the best flavor, use fresh and high-quality ingredients. This includes using fresh vegetables, good quality chicken, and high-quality Parmesan cheese.
- Cook the pasta al dente: It’s important to cook the pasta until it’s al dente, which means it’s cooked through but still slightly firm to the bite. This will ensure that the pasta doesn’t become mushy when it’s tossed with the sauce.
- Adjust the spice level: The level of spiciness in the dish can be adjusted to suit your taste. If you prefer a milder version, reduce the amount of cayenne pepper and jalapenos used.
- Don’t overcook the chicken: Overcooked chicken can become tough and dry. To ensure that the chicken stays tender and juicy, cook it until it’s just cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add the Parmesan cheese at the end: To prevent the cheese from becoming clumpy, it’s best to add it at the end of the cooking process and stir it in until it’s melted and fully incorporated.
- Garnish with fresh parsley: Chopped fresh parsley adds a nice pop of color and freshness to the dish. Be sure to sprinkle it on top of the pasta just before serving.
- Chicken: You could substitute the chicken with shrimp or tofu for a vegetarian version of the dish.
- Heavy cream: Half-and-half, whole milk, or coconut cream could be used as a substitute for heavy cream.
- Cayenne pepper: Paprika or chili powder could be used as a substitute for cayenne pepper.
- Jalapeños: Serrano peppers or green chilies could be used as a substitute for jalapeños.
- Parmesan cheese: Romano cheese, Asiago cheese, or Pecorino Romano could be used as a substitute for Parmesan cheese.
In conclusion, the 54th Street Rattlesnake Pasta is a popular and flavorful dish that combines spicy, creamy, and savory flavors. While the exact recipe of the dish served at 54th Street Grill & Bar is not publicly available, this recipe captures the essence of the dish and provides tips to help you make a delicious version at home.
Remember to use high-quality ingredients, cook the pasta al dente, adjust the spice level to your liking, and garnish with fresh parsley before serving. This dish is sure to be a hit with anyone who loves spicy and creamy pasta dishes. Enjoy!