Koo Koo Ca Choo is a simple, tasty and easy snack that can be made in no time. With just a few ingredients, you can whip up a batch of Koo Koo Ca Choo and enjoy it with friends and family. If you haven’t heard of this delicious treat, you’ve been missing out.
Koo Koo Ca Choo is a simple yet delicious dessert made up of hash browns, fried grated potatoes with egg. It’s a treat that you can enjoy any time of day and is especially great for after-dinner snacks or late night cravings. This childhood favorite has been around since the 1950s, but it has recently become more popular due to its deliciousness and ease of preparation.
As few as the ingredients are, they provide the sweetness, decadence, and possesses a unique texture and flavor. All in all, it’s an incredibly tasty snack that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 500g mushrooms, diced
- 2 large shallots, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of butter
- Grapeseed or Olive oil (for frying)
- Hash Browns
- 2 large dutch cream or russet potatoes, grated
- 1 small brown onion (or one large shallot), grated
- 1 egg
- Salad leaves
- 4 tbsp. potato starch
- Gruyère cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Get your ingredients ready, chop or grate the onions, potatoes.
- Place your pan on heat and put your oil with butter.
- When it’s hot, sauté the shallots and garlic and add salt until they are completely cooked and translucent.
- Add the diced mushrooms to the pan and sauté until the liquid has completely evaporated, this will take roughly 20-25 minutes. Make sure you continually stir it so it doesn’t catch and brown on the bottom.
- Now, soak your grated potato and onion in cold water for about 5 minutes.
- Remove it from the water and make sure you squeeze as much water out of the potato as possible.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl and mix it with other ingredients. If it still feels too wet, adjust by adding more potato starch.
- Shape your hash browns and leave them to rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- After the hour mark, put oil on pan and heat. Then you shallow fry the hash browns in hot oil.
This is a video about Koo Koo Ca Choo Recipe.
Video Credits: Andy Cooks
Rated: 4.9 of 5.0 from 55 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Koo Koo Ca Choo, Koo Koo Ca Choo Recipe
Are you looking for a delicious treat that will tantalize your taste buds? Well, look no further than Koo Koo Ca Choo! This sweet and savory treat is sure to bring a smile to your face. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also easy to make.
Bookmark this blog and subscribe to our newsletter or join or Telegram Community to get latest recipes and also submit as well.