Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen’s famous shrimp and grits recipe is the most loved with its combination of fresh, plump shrimp, creamy grits, and a bold blend of spices, why not try it at home?
Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen is a seafood restaurant chain that serves a variety of dishes, including shrimp and grits. Shrimp and grits is a traditional southern dish that consists of cooked grits (a type of coarsely ground cornmeal) and shrimp, often served with vegetables and spices.
Pappadeaux’s version of shrimp and grits may vary, but it typically includes sautéed shrimp, creamy grits, and a sauce made from a blend of spices and seafood stock. It is a popular menu item at Pappadeaux and is often served as a breakfast, lunch, or dinner entrée.
Shrimp and grits can be garnished with herbs, cheese, and other ingredients to add flavor. It is a popular dish in the southern United States, particularly in coastal regions where shrimp is abundant.
- 6 slices bacon, smoked
- 1 pound large shrimps
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 green onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup quick grits
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup nutmilk (hazelnut)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 can celery soup
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and cut into small pieces, reserving all of the bacon grease in the pan for later use.
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a pot, then add the grits and salt. Cook for about 6 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove from the heat once it has reached temperature. Combine the cheddar, nut milk, cream, and butter, whisk everything together until smooth.
- In a pan, sauté green onion, garlic, and sliced red bell pepper in avocado oil for 5-6 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the giant shrimp (if using frozen shrimp, make sure they are defrosted first) and cajun seasoning, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Fry the seasoned shrimp for 1-2 minutes on medium heat, or until browned.
- Simmer for 5 minutes with the chicken or vegetable broth and sautéed vegetables in this pan.
- Place the cheesy grits on a plate and top with the sauce and shrimp.
- Finally, season the shrimp with finely chopped parsley and fresh lemon.
This is a video about Pappadeaux Shrimp and Grits Recipe.
Video Credits: Original Recipes by Tasting Tables
Rated: 4.8 of 5.0 from 5 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Pappadeaux Shrimp and Grits, Shrimp and Grits, Pappadeaux Shrimp and Grits Recipe, Recipe
- As a breakfast entrée: Shrimp and grits is a popular breakfast dish in the southern United States and can be served with eggs, bacon, or sausage for a hearty breakfast.
- As a lunch or dinner entrée: Shrimp and grits can be served as a main course for lunch or dinner, accompanied by a side salad or vegetables.
- As an appetizer: Shrimp and grits can be served as an appetizer or small plate, with smaller portions of the dish served in individual bowls or on top of small crostini.
- As a side dish: Shrimp and grits can be served as a side dish alongside a main course, such as grilled chicken or steak.
Regardless of how you choose to serve it, be sure to garnish the dish with fresh herbs, cheese, and other ingredients to add flavor and visual appeal. You can also serve the dish with hot sauce or other condiments on the side for added flavor.
- Choose fresh, plump shrimp and use a good-quality cornmeal to make the grits.
- Cook the grits properly: Grits can be finicky to cook, but following the instructions on the package and using the right ratio of liquid to grits will help ensure that your grits turn out creamy and smooth.
- Season the grits and shrimp: Use a blend of spices to season the grits and the shrimp to give the dish a bold, flavorful taste.
- Sauté the shrimp: Sautéing the shrimp in a little bit of oil or butter will give them a nice sear and add flavor to the dish.
- Add vegetables: Chopped bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes can add flavor and color to the dish. You can sauté these vegetables along with the shrimp or add them raw for a crunchy texture.
- Garnish with herbs and cheese: Fresh herbs, such as parsley or cilantro, can add a pop of color and flavor to the dish. Shredded cheese, such as Parmesan or cheddar, can also be added to the grits for an extra creamy texture.
It is generally best to store seafood dishes, including Pappadeaux’s shrimp and grits, in the refrigerator.
If you have leftovers of the dish, place them in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator as soon as possible.
Proper storage can help prevent the growth of bacteria and other microorganisms that can cause food poisoning.
- Shrimp: Fresh, plump shrimp are a key ingredient in this dish. You can use any size or type of shrimp, but be sure to remove the shells and tails before cooking.
- Grits: Grits are a type of coarsely ground cornmeal that is cooked with water or milk until it reaches a creamy consistency. You can use either white or yellow grits for this recipe.
- Vegetables: Chopped bell peppers, onions, and tomatoes are often added to the dish for flavor and color. You can use fresh or frozen vegetables for this recipe.
- Spices: A blend of spices, such as paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder, are used to season the grits and the shrimp. You can use any combination of spices that you like, or use a pre-made seafood seasoning blend.
- Oil or butter: A little bit of oil or butter is used to sauté the shrimp and vegetables. You can use any type of oil or butter that you prefer, or use a combination of the two.
- Cheese: Shredded cheese, such as Parmesan or cheddar, can be added to the grits for an extra creamy texture. You can use any type of cheese that you like, or omit it if you prefer.
- Herbs: Fresh herbs, such as parsley or cilantro, can be used to garnish the dish and add a pop of color and flavor. You can use any type of fresh herbs that you like, or omit them if you prefer.
In conclusion, Pappadeaux’s shrimp and grits recipe is a delicious and satisfying dish that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re looking to impress guests at a dinner party or simply want to enjoy a comforting meal at home, this recipe is sure to satisfy.
We hope that this article has provided you with all the information you need to create a delicious and memorable meal. Happy cooking!