Discover the comforting and home-style flavor of Frisch’s Vegetable Soup. Learn about its ingredients, recipe, and serving options. Get cooking tips.
There’s nothing quite like a warm and hearty bowl of vegetable soup to comfort you on a chilly day. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or a nutritious and filling lunch, vegetable soup is a versatile and delicious option. From the classic Frisch’s Vegetable Soup served in American diners to homemade versions made with fresh ingredients, there are countless variations of this satisfying dish.
Frisch’s Vegetable Soup is a soup that is traditionally served at Frisch’s Big Boy, a restaurant chain in the United States. The soup is a thick, hearty vegetable soup that is made with a variety of vegetables such as potatoes, carrots, celery, green beans, and corn, as well as some herbs and spices. The soup is typically served with crackers or bread.
Frisch’s Vegetable Soup is known for its comforting and home-style flavor, and it is a popular choice for diners looking for a warm and filling meal. The recipe for the soup may vary slightly depending on the location, but it generally features a rich and flavorful broth, tender vegetables, and a satisfying texture that is perfect for a cold day or as a comfort food.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) green beans
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the celery and carrots to the pot, and sauté until they start to soften.
- Add the potatoes, tomatoes, and vegetable broth to the pot. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Add the corn and green beans to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Add the thyme, basil, salt, and black pepper to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Simmer the soup for about 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste, and serve hot with crackers or bread.
- This recipe makes about 6 servings. You can also add other vegetables, such as zucchini or bell peppers, to the soup if you like. Enjoy!
Rated: 5.0 of 5.0 from 25 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Frisch’s Vegetable Soup, Recipe For Frisch’s Vegetable Soup, Recipe, Frisch’s Vegetable Soup Recipe
- In a soup bowl: Ladle the soup into individual soup bowls and serve it hot. You can garnish the soup with fresh herbs, a dollop of sour cream, or a sprinkle of grated cheese, if you like.
- With bread or crackers: Serve the soup with a slice of crusty bread or a handful of crackers on the side. This is a classic way to enjoy soup, and the bread or crackers can help soak up any leftover soup in the bowl.
- As a side dish: Vegetable soup can also be served as a side dish to a main course, such as roasted chicken or grilled fish. Serve a small portion of soup alongside the main course for a balanced and flavorful meal.
- In a bread bowl: For a fun and creative presentation, hollow out a round loaf of bread and ladle the soup into the bread bowl. The bread will soak up the soup and add a delicious flavor to each bite.
- Use fresh vegetables: Whenever possible, use fresh vegetables in your soup for the best flavor and texture. If fresh vegetables are not available, you can use frozen vegetables instead.
- Cut the vegetables into similar sizes: Cut the vegetables into similar sizes so that they cook evenly. This will help ensure that the soup has a consistent texture.
- Don’t overcook the vegetables: Overcooking the vegetables can cause them to become mushy and lose their flavor. Keep an eye on the soup as it simmers and remove it from the heat once the vegetables are tender.
- Add herbs and spices: To add flavor to your vegetable soup, use herbs and spices such as thyme, basil, oregano, or rosemary. You can also add a pinch of red pepper flakes for a bit of heat.
- Serve with crusty bread or crackers: Serve your vegetable soup with crusty bread or crackers on the side for a complete meal.
In conclusion, Frisch’s Vegetable Soup is a delicious and comforting dish that can be enjoyed in many different ways. Whether you’re a fan of the classic American diner soup or prefer to make your own homemade version, vegetable soup is a versatile and nutritious option for any meal.
By using fresh vegetables, herbs, and spices, you can customize your soup to your liking and create a dish that is both delicious and satisfying. So why not give it a try and see for yourself why vegetable soup is a beloved favorite?