Potbelly Dream Bar is a delicious dessert that is made with a variety of sweet ingredients and has a chewy and dense texture. It is a popular treat in the United States and is often enjoyed as a dessert or sweet snack.
Potbelly Dream Bar is a type of dessert that is popular in the United States, specifically at the Potbelly Sandwich Shop chain. It is a bar cookie that is made with a combination of flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and a variety of other ingredients such as coconut, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and walnuts.
The texture of the Potbelly Dream Bar is chewy and dense, with a slightly crispy exterior. It is a sweet and decadent treat that is perfect for satisfying a sweet tooth craving.
The name “Dream Bar” comes from the idea that it is a dreamy dessert that can transport you to a happy place with just one bite. It is a popular item on the Potbelly Sandwich Shop menu and is often enjoyed as a dessert after a meal or as a sweet snack during the day.
Learn how to make the popular Potbelly Dream Bar with this easy and delicious recipe. These sweet and chewy bars are packed with coconut, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and walnuts, and are perfect for satisfying any sweet craving. Follow our tips and ingredient substitutions to make this recipe your own and enjoy a dreamy dessert that everyone will love!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter and brown sugar until well combined.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in the shredded coconut, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and chopped walnuts.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the center is set.
- Allow the bars to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing and slicing into squares.
- Serve and enjoy!
These Potbelly Dream Bars are a sweet and delicious treat that are perfect for any occasion. Enjoy!
Rated: 5.0 of 5.0 from 9 reviews.
Recipe Tags: Potbelly Dream Bar, Potbelly Dream Bar Recipe, Recipe
- On their own: Potbelly Dream Bars are delicious on their own and can be enjoyed as a sweet snack any time of day.
- Warm with ice cream: For a decadent dessert, warm up the bars in the microwave for a few seconds and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Drizzled with caramel sauce: Add an extra layer of sweetness by drizzling caramel sauce over the bars before serving.
- With a cup of coffee: Enjoy your Potbelly Dream Bars with a cup of coffee for an indulgent afternoon treat.
- Cut into bite-sized pieces: Cut the bars into small bite-sized pieces and serve as a sweet treat at parties or gatherings.
- Melt the butter completely: Make sure the butter is melted completely before adding it to the brown sugar. This will help to ensure that the sugar dissolves properly and the mixture is smooth.
- Use room temperature eggs: It’s important to use room temperature eggs in this recipe. Take the eggs out of the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before you start baking.
- Don’t overmix the batter: Mix the ingredients until just combined. Overmixing the batter can result in a tough, chewy texture.
- Use parchment paper: Line your baking pan with parchment paper before adding the batter. This will make it easier to remove the bars from the pan and prevent sticking.
- Add in your favorite mix-ins: The recipe calls for shredded coconut, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and chopped walnuts, but you can add in your favorite mix-ins as well. For example, you could add dried cranberries, raisins, or chopped pecans.
- Cool before cutting: Allow the bars to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing and slicing into squares. This will help the bars set and prevent them from falling apart.
- Store in an airtight container: Store the Potbelly Dream Bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Flour: You could use a gluten-free flour blend instead of all-purpose flour if you need to make the recipe gluten-free.
- Butter: You could use margarine or a dairy-free butter substitute if you need to make the recipe dairy-free.
- Sugar: You could use coconut sugar or a sugar substitute like Stevia if you are looking to make the recipe lower in sugar.
- Eggs: You could use a flax egg (1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons of water) instead of a regular egg to make the recipe vegan.
- Chocolate chips and butterscotch chips: You could use any type of chips you prefer or substitute them with chopped candy bars or dried fruit.
- Walnuts: You could use any other type of nut, such as pecans or almonds, or omit them entirely if you have a nut allergy.
In conclusion, Potbelly Dream Bars are a delicious and decadent dessert that can satisfy any sweet tooth craving. Made with a combination of flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and a variety of other ingredients, these bars have a chewy and dense texture and are perfect for serving as a dessert or sweet snack
By following the tips mentioned earlier and experimenting with ingredient substitutions, you can make this recipe your own and enjoy this beloved dessert in a way that suits your preferences. Whether you are a fan of sweet treats or just looking to try something new, give this Potbelly Dream Bar recipe a try and indulge in its dreamy, delicious flavors!